At 9 years old, Lauren Herrera’s mother was being stalked by an ex-boyfriend.
As a result Lauren suffered a nervous breakdown at 28 years old.
More on THAT later…
As a child, Lauren was caught in the turmoil of an abusive relationship where her mother discovered she was in love with a psychotic man. When she left the situation, he became fixated on her mother and wreaked havoc on their lives.
- He had their utilities shut off
- He ran up her mother’s debt (despite NOT being married to her)
- He left daily death threats on their answering machine
- He tried to run the family off the road with his car
- He attempted to set their house on fire while they were sleeping inside
- He stole her family pet, tortured it and returned it near death
- He tried to frame Lauren’s father for murder
Once the situation was over, Lauren went about her life.
At 28, Lauren found herself unable to cope with life and ended up at the hospital with massive physical symptoms.
It turned out that she was suffering PTSD from the psychological abuse of her mother being stalked.
- Battling eating issues
- and exhibiting similar dysfunction by dating a psychopathic man who was lying and cheating on her the whole time and was arrested for kidnapping and attempted murder!
Through the benefit of cognitive therapy , Lauren changed her mindset and healed her reactions to stress. Once she paid close attention to her thoughts and stopped shoving down her associated feelings, she completely changed her reaction to stress.
Some of the action steps she took were
- Strength training
- She tackled her eating issues in a very creative way
What I loved about this interview is the effervescence that Lauren exudes. As she says, she and I are “cut from the same cloth.” Being in relationship with powerful women is healing and helps make your bat-shit-crazy story a little less overwhelming. If you resonate with Lauren and want to connect with her you can find her at LaruenHerrera.com
You can also grab a listen to her podcast Love is a Verb
If you LOVED this episode, and seriously, how could you not? You can get two episodes a week sent directly to your device with a simply subscription. Click the images below and boom, you will be receiving amazing episodes that will shock and awe you and completely immerse you in crisis prevention methods that are way easier than you thought.
One last thing. If you haven’t already gotten your FREEBIE from me, CLICK RIGHT HERE and grab your crisis crusher. It is a ton of prevention in an easy to consume format. It is my way of saying THANK YOU for being a listener.